Top Sales Executive Cover Letter Example
Create a sales executive cover letter to sell your best product: yourself! Let’s talk about how to write a cover letter to highlight your experience and interpersonal skills. Connect with a hiring manager, expand on your resume and let them know you are the best fit for the role.
A perfect cover letter is just a few steps away
Sales executive cover letter sample
Start by editing this sample cover letter for a sales executive or explore our 250+ cover letter examples to find the best match for you.
Sales executive cover letter (text)
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Nov. 28, 2022
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Dear Ms. Jackson,
In the business world, having a strong, clear relationship with your clients is critical to overall success. I would like to bring my considerable skills in communication, sales negotiation and account management to the sales executive position at Master Electronics.
With more than 15 years of experience as a sales representative and sales assistant account manager, I am highly skilled at lead generation, determining client needs and working in all aspects of high-level sales such as strategy and goal setting, customer service, budgeting and sales promotions. In addition, my diverse positions have allowed me to specialize in negotiation, problem-solving and planning, and I consistently exceed business goals.
The advertised role requires a high level of experience cultivating sales relationships from the ground up. I’m pleased to say that I am exceptionally skilled at developing new opportunities through diverse methods, including cold calling, online professional networking and working closely with marketing teams, expanding up to 75% of exposure in key markets.
My hands-on talents also include developing territory plans, conducting seminars for audiences between 50 and 300 members and creating and delivering executive-level business presentations.
I offer a unique combination of sales and communications skills that I believe make me an ideal fit for your sales executive position. Please take a moment to review my attached resume and credentials. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding my candidacy.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
How to format a sales executive cover letter
A cover letter is a tool to explain why you’re the candidate an employer needs. It allows you to expand on your resume, connect with the hiring manager and take control of your career’s narrative. That’s a lot for one page, but it’s easy to do!
It all starts with the correct cover letter format.
Use the business format for your sales executive cover
Cover letters only use the business letter format: 1 and ¼ inch margins, single space and left aligned one-page document. This is standard across all industries.
This business format also includes:
- A header. You can reuse your resume header and add the name, title and company’s name.
- A greeting, like “Dear Amber Walters,” “Dear Hiring Manager,” or “Dear Sales Department.”
- A simple closing, like “Thank you,” “Respectfully” or “Sincerely.”
Using a cover letter template is the best way to ensure your cover letter is formatted correctly and passed most application tracking systems (ATS). Plug it into our Cover Letter Builder and we’ll do the work for you. You’ll have a professional cover letter for a sales executive job in minutes to pair with your resume.
How to write a cover letter for a sales executive
Start with a compelling introduction
Hook the reader in a direct and concise way. Use an elevator pitch approach to present yourself as the best candidate. Use keywords and action verbs from the job description and also include why you’re interested in this particular position and company.
Use accomplishments to explain why you’re a great fit for the role
If your opening was successful, the body paragraphs should seal the deal. In two or three paragraphs, talk about your resume accomplishments. Use storytelling to talk about your quantifiable accomplishments, including the resume skills you’ve used to achieve them.
Close with a call to action
The employer should now understand more about you as a candidate. Like our sales executive cover letter example, thank them for their attention and focus on the next step by ending with a call to action. Include a few words that round up why you’re the candidate they need.
Sales executive cover letter FAQ
1. How to explain why I left a job in my sales executive cover letter?
A cover letter is a tool to help you get the interview. Use information that shows your skills and experience in the best light possible. There is no need to bring up your reasons for leaving a previous job in the letter. Unless an employer directly asks this question in their job application or requests an answer in your cover letter, wait until your interview to address the issue.
2. How to write a cover letter for a sales account executive position?
Save the job description to tailor your resume and cover letter. Use the keywords to determine what accomplishments and skills you should include. Follow our guide on how to write a cover letter. Remember to use a business letter format with header, salutation and closing.
3. Why do I need a sales executive cover letter?
Resumes provide a snapshot of your career and pique the interest of hiring managers. But, often, they need a bit more information before deciding to set up an interview. A cover letter gives them just that: it adds a human value to the resume. Cover letters allow you to show off your personality, demonstrate how you’ve successfully used your soft skills and hard skills and control the narrative of your career. Often required by employers, cover letters complete your job application.
Do’s and don’ts for building a sales executive cover letter
- Address the recruiter or hiring manager directly.
- Explain what attracted you to the company in one or two sentences.
- Customize your sales executive cover letter for the job.
- Include keywords from the job description throughout.
- End with a clear call to action.
- Proofread your cover letter more than once.
- Write a generic sales executive cover letter.
- Write more than one page.
- Use generic salutations, like “To Whom It May Concern.”
- Regurgitate your sales executive resume.
- Rely on automatic grammar or spell checkers.
- Write a fan letter, even if it is your dream job.
Resume examples for the next step in your sales career
- Sales Assistant Director Resume
- Mobile Sales Associate Resume
- Inside Sales Representative Resume
- Outside Sales Representative Resume
- Sales Assistant Manager Resume
- General Sales Manager Resume
- Sales Associate Resume
- Automotive Salesperson Resume
- Automotive Assistant Manager Resume
- Car Sales Consultant Resume
- Experienced Telemarketer Resume
- Sales Representative Resume
- Direct Sales Representative Resume
- Wine Sales Representative Resume
- Beer Sales Representative Resume
- Independent Sales Representative Resume
- Channel Sales Manager Resume
- Jewelry Sales Associate Resume
- Route Sales Representative Resume
- Franchise Owner Resume
- Automotive Sales Manager Resume
- Wine Sales Manager Resume
- Bid Manager Resume
- Automotive General Sales Manager Resume
- International Sales Manager Resume
- Sales Account Executive Resume
- Veterinary Sales Manager Resume
- Outside Sales Representative Resume
- Inside Sales Representative Resume