Jewelry Sales Associate Resume Example
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Getting a job as a jewelry sales associate can be difficult, but you can make it easier by having a great resume. The key to a quality resume is to showcase the information that the hiring manager is searching for. The better you present your skills, experience and professional accomplishments, the more likely the hiring manager is to take notice and contact you for an interview.
Two of the most desirable qualities in a jewelry sales associate are customer service skills and knowledge of gems and precious metals. Even if you are new to jewelry sales, you can showcase your customer service skills in the Summary and Highlights section of your resume. And if you do have knowledge of gems and precious metals, you will definitely want to note this at beginning of your document.
You can write an excellent resume, especially if you have a high-quality example to draw from. Check out our jewelry sales associate resume templates to help with your writing.
Jewelry Sales Associate Resume Questions
If you are a recent graduate, including relevant coursework and activities can showcase your interest in the jewelry industry. Think about what makes you want to work in this field and let your resume reflect it.
In addition to specialized gemology knowledge, a jewelry sales associate should possess qualities such as organization, great customer service skills, and initiative. When you list other types of jobs on your resume, emphasize these transferable skills over technical experiences that may hold little relevance.
Note that he includes relatively few bullet points for each job. Instead, he chooses to devote more space to describing the accomplishments and initiatives that distinguish him. Similarly, your experience section should tell employers what makes you better than other candidates.
Our jewelry sales associate resume sample can serve as a practical demonstration of how one can apply this principle. The candidate in the sample emphasizes his consistently high sales performance. Reading through each section, employers also get a strong sense of this person’s genuine passion for the jewelry industry as he described working to further his knowledge.
Still not sure how to proceed? Turn to our personalized resume builder for more help composing your resume.
Most employers looking for a jewelry sales associate do not tend to require extensive or specialized software skills. However, they may still prefer proficiency with programs such as word processors, databases, or point-of-sales software. Thus, while you should avoid devoting too much space to describing your computer skills, do mention them in your skills section. If the job listing mentions the name of a program you know, be sure to use that specific name rather than a general description of the type of software.
George Franz 123 Fake Street City, State, Zip Code Cell: 000-000-0000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished Jewelry Sales Associate who has studied gems and precious metals all over the world. Adept at developing custom jewelry, developing an extensive network of customer referrals and working with customers to use stock items to meet customer needs. Specializes in wedding and special occasion jewelry sales.
- Spent years prior to college going around the world to learn the jewelry business
- Exceptional computer software and Internet skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong team player with some managerial experience
- Dedicated employee who enjoys the industry tremendously
- Always maintains a professional appearance and attitude
October 2011 to February 2015 Company Name – City, State Jewelry Sales Associate
- Became the top wedding jewelry sales associate for the company and would often act in a supervisory capacity during wedding jewelry promotions.
- Assisted in developing orders for custom jewelry for all occasions.
- Assisted in operating the company booth at wedding shows and trade shows.
January 2006 to October 2011 Company Name – City, State Jewelry Sales Associate
- Recognized four times as the top sales professional of the month based on sales revenue.
- Assisted in creating the system used to order and deliver custom jewelry.
- Responsible for taking care of wedding jewelry sales and reporting any issues to management.
June 2002 to January 2006 Company Name – City, State Jewelry Sales Associate
- Assisted in managing the wedding jewelry sales department.
- Often called on to act as the liaison between customers wanting custom jewelry and the jewelry designers.
2002 Heartland Community College, City, State Associate’s Degree, Gemology