123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Board certified neurosurgeon with years of experience treating a variety of neurological disorders and spine issues. Able to work under pressure and meet the high ethical standards set forth by medical review boards. Excellence in offering an empathetic ear toward patients’ family members and informing them of what will be happening and why it is necessary. Additional expertise in pediatric surgeries, and have helped dozens of children with complications get better.
- – Effective management of personnel resources and ability to lead a team and utilize everyone’s skillset to fullest potential – Excellent instruction skills to teach members of medical staff new techniques and surgeries – Comprehensive knowledge of medicine and chemistry of the brain – Expertise with numerous types of medical software, including Epic Systems – Exceptional manual dexterity to properly utilize a variety of medical instruments, such as surgical scissors, craniotomy drills, and tumor forceps
- Assess a patient’s condition and recommend best course of action to team, many times having to convince others to pursue surgery as the only way a person can get better.
- Oversee every step of surgeries from the initial planning to the procurement of essential equipment, often having to work with other hospitals to get what we need.
- Direct activities of medical staff, which entails assigning duties to team members, and over course of employment, successfully treated over 50 individuals with spinal deformities and brain damage.
- Examine patients following a surgery to ensure there are no complications, and recommend aftercare instructions.
- Conduct research into latest neurological surgeries to keep knowledge up to date.
- Assisted head neurosurgeon with anything that was required, including setting up operating room and sterilizing equipment.
- Maintained patient records and logged information into hospital’s digital database.
- Diagnosed patient conditions and suggested treatments to head neurosurgeon.
- Referred patients to specialists when it seemed most prudent.
- Prescribed medications and additional treatments to patients following a surgery.
- Conducted research into new equipment and surgical techniques, and later suggested the implementation of these into the hospital’s general practices.
- Prepared case histories to determine medical background of patients.
- Operated on patients alongside other doctors to treat a variety of complications.
- Scheduled appointments and surgery times to ensure no overlaps took place.
When I am not busy chasing my four-year-old around the house, I enjoy participating in volunteer work. I helped organize a monthly clean-up drive where people from around town get together and pick up trash from local parks and roadways.