Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: Dialysis Technician
Name: CONNIE SIMMONS
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Endearing Medical Technician committed to ensuring patients are comfortable and at ease while under hospital supervision. Hands-on experience preparing treatment rooms, performing medical administrative duties and retrieving and interpreting laboratory and procedure results. Looking for a role as a Dialysis Technician.
SUMMARY OF QULIFACTIONS
- In-depth knowledge of compliance procedures and testing techniques.
- Gifted with superb oral and written communication skills.
- Strong medical equipment knowledge, along with high-level organizational skills.
Company Name, City, State
- Evaluated quality control within laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls.
- Used various medical equipment to collect samples of blood, urine and spinal fluid from over 10 patients daily.
- Oversaw maintenance, calibration, and control of inspection, measuring, and all test equipment.
Safety & Compliance
Company Name, City, State
- Maintained patient confidence and protected hospital by keeping information confidential.
- Sterilized instruments and disposed of used or contaminated supplies in adherence to OSHA regulations.
- Ensured safe and efficient used of all medical equipment.
Company Name, City, State
- Created reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.
- Monitored inventory levels of supplies, equipment and reagents used and placed orders for replacements every two weeks.
- Entered data accurately on computer, including demographics, grossing descriptions and diagnosis.
05/2019 to Current
East Hill Medical Clinic
Quality Assurance Inspector,
06/2018 to 03/2019
Associate of Applied Science:
Medical Technology, 05/2018,City, State
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-Class Dialysis Technician Resume
- Summary Grab recruiters’ attention by providing a brief, punchy overview of your skills and accomplishments. Emphasize abilities that best suit your position. For example: “Well-trained Dialysis Technician with 3 years’ experience providing outstanding care to patients. Expertise includes hemodialysis treatment, unit operations and regulatory guidelines.”
- Skills Scan the job description for key skills that match your own abilities, such as familiarity with infection control standards. Feature these skills in this section, and add intangible skills that tell employers how you approach work, such as excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and organizational skills.
- Work History Emphasize milestones and top responsibilities rather than mundane daily tasks. When possible, use figures or data to give weight to your contributions. For example, writing “Measured and recorded pre-dialysis and post-dialysis statistics for 15 patients a day” says more than just stating “Measured and recorded patients’ pre-dialysis and post-dialysis statistics of patients.”
- Education Present your top academic credential (e.g., Associate of Applied Science in Dialysis Technology) along with any relevant certifications or training you’ve also picked up along the way, such as the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT) certification or Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) certification.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Find the Right Template for Your Resume
Make sure your resume looks its best with these free, ready-to-use templates.
This template offers a unique blend of minimalistic design and creativity, with the header and summary statement given prominent placement.
This clean design features a subtle yet eye-catching color header, while the two-column layout leaves plenty of room to emphasize skills and work history.
This traditional layout uses bold fonts to single out section headings, while the large font for the job applicant’s name ensures you’ll be remembered.
Dialysis Technician Resume FAQs
1. What are skills you should list on a dialysis technician resume?
|Hard skills:||Soft skills:|
|Dialysis treatment||Verbal and written communication|
|Hazardous waste disposal||Critical thinking|
|Knowledge of HIPAA regulations||Attention to detail|
|Equipment maintenance||Compassionate approach|
|Records management||Patient care|
|Knowledge of infection control standards||Organizational skills|
|Hazardous waste disposal|
|Knowledge of HIPAA regulations|
|Knowledge of infection control standards|
|Verbal and written communication|
|Attention to detail|
2. How should you format your resume?
If you can highlight more than five years of dialysis technician work, use a chronological format, which stresses previous roles and achievements, for your resume. If you have less experience but can point out relevant work responsibilities and skills, use the combination format. A functional format is a good choice if you lack professional experience, but can highlight skills and training that fit the job.
3. How do I get the right keywords into my resume?
Read the job description thoroughly, pinpointing crucial words and phrases that describe what the job demands, such as “explaining dialysis procedures to patients,” or “measuring and recording pre-dialysis and post-dialysis data.” Applicant tracking systems (ATS) that employers use to scan your resume will be looking for these keywords. Make sure you address these keywords in your summary, work experience, and skills sections, featuring your own skills and work highlights. For example, you could write “Data recording and management” as a skill, or mention a previous experience in which you interacted with patients during dialysis treatments. Our article How to Use Keywords Effectively provides more keyword tips.
4. What are some examples of certifications and training that are ideal for this resume?
- Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT) Certification
- Certified Hemodialysis Technologist/Technician
- Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT)
- Certified Hemodialysis Biomedical Technician (CHBT)
5. How should you craft your resume if you’re looking to take the next step forward in your career?
Keep the points below in mind for enhancing your resume and taking your career to the next level:
- Show experience and expertise in providing patient consultations and answering their inquiries.
- Show that you’re up to date with dialysis-related tech, infection control standards and HIPAA regulations.
- Show examples of how you’ve effectively managed dialysis and hemodialysis procedures, with a strong commitment to efficiency, accuracy, and service quality.
- Undertake advanced training and certifications to increase your value (such as the certifications noted under question #4).