When you apply for a job, it is essential to have a strong CV so that hiring managers see what skills and experience you have to offer. You will have the skills to create a stellar curriculum vitae, like the one included here, with the tips included in our writing guide and car sales CV example. By reviewing our guide, you will know more about what to include in your document so that you stand out from the competition.
123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Dedicated car sales professional with more than 10 years of experience in both new and pre-owned vehicles. Extensive knowledge of cars, including a diverse range of makes and models. Skilled negotiator who continually transforms leads into customers, including walk-ins and ecommerce prospects. Professional team player willing to assist team members in making sales to reach the business goals of the dealership. Excellent customer service skills to make buying cars an easier experience for the customers.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills to ensure that customers feel comfortable and are able to make an informed purchase.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicles, including the different options and packages, that allows me to answer a wide range of questions from customers.
- Familiar with basic computer applications, as well as accounting software and database user interface and query software.
- Ability to hear and understand the concerns of customers so that they feel more comfortable during the buying process.
- Negotiating skills that allow me to find the right deal that meets the needs of both customers and dealership.
- Develop relationships with potential customers, which has led to an increase in sales by 10 percent.
- Follow up on inquiries via email, internet forms, and phone calls to ensure customers have all the information they need in order to make an informed purchase.
- Negotiate deals on buying and leasing automobiles to the satisfaction of both the customer and the dealership with an average customer satisfaction review score of 95 percent.
- Educate customers on the features, options, and packages on a range of make and model of vehicles to assist them in making a purchase that fits their needs and budget.
- Contacted leads to discuss their vehicle requirements and answer questions and improved conversion rates by 25 percent.
- Scheduled appointments for customers to review potential purchases in person and ensured that they had a satisfactory appointment with the sales associates.
- Followed up with customers after purchase to ensure a positive experience and investigated any grievances or other complaints.
- Researched vehicle releases to remain up to date on the latest products and trends.
- Handled customer complaints and investigated grievances to improve overall customer experience and increased retention rates by 40 percent.
- Greeted customers as they entered the dealership and answered questions about the options, prices, features, and availability of various vehicles.
- Provided detailed demonstrations of vehicle functionality and options, and facilitated test drives.
- Educated customers on leasing and financing options, and explained which vehicles fit their budget to reduce the risk of faulty loans.
I enjoy horseback riding and hiking. I volunteer as a scout leader to help train and build the next generation of leaders.
Car Salesperson Job Overview and Tips
What Does Car Sales Do?
Someone who works in car sales provides assistance to customers in making a selection in purchasing a vehicle. Typically, they will work in automobile dealerships, which might sell new models, used models, or both. It is their responsibility to know the important aspects of the different vehicles in order to answer customer questions and assist them in making the right choice for them. This includes different makes, models, and options, such as car accessories and safety packages. Car salesmen also typically assist customers in finding financing for their vehicle, when applicable. It is also common for those in car sales to run credit checks, appraise vehicles, follow up with customers, and negotiate deals. The car sales CV example can give you an idea of how to highlight your eligibility for this type of job.
Tips for Creating a Great Car Sales CV
Use these great tips and our CV maker to create a CV that stands out!
- Avoid making mistakes in your CV that lead to it making the reject pile. Proofread your resume several times, and get a friend to do the same.
- Emphasize your strong selling skills and your extensive knowledge of cars in your professional summary. This is the place where you can market yourself to potential employers.
- Highlight your accomplishments in your work history section. Rather than simply listing your job duties, include metrics that demonstrate your superior skills.
- When you write your hobbies and interests section, do not get too personal. Instead, focus on listing activities that complement your work as in car sales.
- Focus on showing how your interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills make you a stellar candidate for the car sales position.
We can help you build your professional CV
- Professionally designed and formatted templates
- Expert suggestions for filling out every section of your CV, customized by job title
- Easily create different versions of your CV, customized for different jobs