Gaining employment as an orthopedic surgeon is a large goal that requires professionalism and planning. The best way to find the job you hope for is to write a curriculum vitae that displays your most relevant training, experience, skills, and accomplishments. Writing an engaging CV will be easier if you model it after the included professional orthopedic surgeon CV example and use the tips and tricks below to ensure it is everything you need it to be to draw in the interest of potential employers.
Build My CV
3754 Aqua Way, Columbus, OH 99999
E: email@example.com P: 999-999-2938
Highly qualified orthopedic surgeon with 10 years of experience in the industry and training from one of the top medical colleges in the country. Updated on the latest techniques and technologies in the field. Compassionate doctor who always considers my patients’ needs and comfort levels during diagnosis and treatment, and works to ensure they have the best possible experience.
- Diagnose trauma, injuries, infections, tumors, and other problems that require surgical procedures to correct.
- Specialize in treating patients with spine disorders, arthritis, or muscle, ligament, and tendon damage.
- Communicate with patients to help them decide what the best course of treatment is to meet their needs and ensure their quality of life.
- Ensured patients understood their diagnoses, received relevant information about all possible treatment options, and decided on the best treatment plans for their needs.
- Answered all questions and addressed all concerns before, during, and after any surgical procedures.
- Communicated extensively with family practitioners and other specialists to ensure all treating physicians were on board with the treatment plans.
- Examined patients for issues with bones, joints, and ligaments related to injuries or diseases.
- Performed surgery to repair or replace bones and joints to improve skeletal health and the patients’ quality of life.
- Monitored recovery process after surgery, creating and changing treatment plans as necessary.
Once a month, I volunteer at a local free clinic to assist low-income patients. In my limited free time, I enjoy performing in a local theater group, attending Broadway shows, and discovering new local music acts. Each summer, my partner and I, our two children, and our dogs vacation on Lake Erie.
Build My CV
Orthopedic Surgeon CV Must-Haves
What Does an Orthopedic Surgeon Do?
An orthopedic surgeon is responsible for diagnosing and treating skeletal issues. Orthopedic surgeons must be knowledgeable and skilled in performing surgery on the spine, legs, and feet using updated techniques and technology. They must be compassionate and able to communicate effectively with patients and other medical professionals such as doctors and nurses. Orthopedic surgeons must have an excellent understanding of medical ethics as well as local, state, and federal laws surrounding the practice of medicine. The field is quite competitive and requires much responsibility, so it is very important that prospective surgeons have a quality CV, such as the orthopedic surgeon CV example included.
Tips for Creating a Great Orthopedic Surgeon CV
In addition to the CV example, follow these guidelines to create a CV that stands out and keeps hiring managers interested in calling you for an interview:
– Do use quantitative information when possible, such as providing a percentage of successful surgeries you have completed or showing how you benefitted a clinic or hospital you worked for.
– Do not provide information about why you left previous positions. You can answer this question professionally if it is asked in the interview.
– Do use bullet points to showcase your skills and experience. Bullets are easier to read and look more professional than long paragraphs of text.
– Do not include controversial information on your CV. Avoid talking about politics, your religious views, your sexuality, or other topics that may be polarizing.
– Do proofread your CV thoroughly. Regardless of your experience, a CV that includes spelling or grammar mistakes or legitimate typos will look unprofessional.