Build Your CV
7843 Rhododendron Drive, Treetown, PA 11111
E. email@example.com P. 555-897-2378
Successful, experienced producer who played pivotal role producing in top-rated show for five years running. Strong, creative thinker who generates innovative and appealing concepts with the organizational chops to ensure smooth follow-through from beginning to end. Proficient in all technical aspects of radio production, including sound editing, broadcasting technology, sound boards, and more. Excellent communicator who finds instant rapport with people from all walks of life. Excels at defining and expanding target audience by providing high-quality content. Organized, detail-oriented, and reliable professional. Takes pride in consistently delivering high-quality programming.
- Develop radio program concepts.
- Increase revenues by implementing changes resulting in rapidly expanding audience.
- Create scripts, guidelines, and plans for programs.
- Contact and interview guests for radio shows.
- Comply with station, state, and federal rules for content.
- Develop program content that is interesting for audiences and furthers the vision of the radio station.
- Direct artists, guests, and broadcasters during programming or taping.
- Perform research for program content.
- Supervise sound editing.
- Coordinate the production of programs from beginning to end, working with performers, guests, and sound staff.
- Wrote and produced educational and entertainment shows.
- Researched news stories for further development.
- Conducted phone and studio interviews.
- Wrote scripts for interviews and programs.
- Worked with promotions department to integrate marketing side of radio production.
- Researched news stories.
- Scheduled studio guests for live and taped shows.
- Developed topics for local news segments.
- Assisted producer in writing scripts.
- Recommended ideas for content and guests for possible interviews.
- Prepared guests for interviews.
Interested in many forms of music; currently learning to play the piano. Enjoy walking, running, and hiking. Lead workshop at community performing arts center.
Build Your CV
Radio Producer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Radio Producer Do?
A radio producer oversees the production of radio programming from beginning to end. Producers play an important management role by supervising and coordinating team members responsible for the many aspects of producing a radio show. They must meet budgets and deadlines. Producers also work with marketing staff to incorporate promotional materials into the programming as needed. On the creative side, radio producers come up with ideas for shows and create content. They find and interview interesting guests for shows. In this job, you will constantly keep track of how the show is doing and introduce changes as needed to keep the audience. As in our radio producer CV example, technical knowledge of production and recording equipment is a big advantage, so be sure to include it on your CV if you have this skill. Finally, people skills are essential for generating material that audiences will find interesting.
Tips for Creating a Great Radio Producer CV
Review the following tips to help you consolidate the knowledge you have gleaned from perusing our CV example:
-Consider the kind of radio station you are applying to and tailor your CV accordingly. Research the station to make sure you use the right tone and emphasize relevant skills and experiences. A CV you present for a “shock” radio station should differ greatly from one you present to a station known for its serious analysis of current events.
-Unless your research or the job description itself tells you differently, err on the side of formality in presentation. Keep your fonts legible and professional.
-Avoid negativity. If you left a previous job due to a bad experience, your CV is not the place to explain this.
-The Hobbies and Interests section is a good way to showcase your personality. Use your judgment when deciding what to include. Religious and political affiliations are rarely appropriate, except if you are applying to a station that particularly emphasizes a certain religious or political stance.