Build Your CV
109 First Avenue, Denver, Colorado 11111
E: dawson_julie@anymail T: 555-909-3829
Dedicated administrative assistant with years of experience managing large and small offices. I have worked with numerous branches, including payroll and human resources, which allows me to facilitate an efficient workflow and improve communications between multiple departments. Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft. Senior executives consistently rely on me to maintain schedules, oversee meetings, and improve customer relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including dealing with customer complaints and giving formal presentations to executives.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, Oracle PeopleSoft, and Intuit QuickBooks.
- Experience planning, coordinating, and facilitating physical meetings and remote video conferences.
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail.
- Comfortable performing a variety of roles, including payroll support, front desk reception, personal assistant, and organizational point of contact.
- Oversee schedules for all executives and manage booking for conference rooms and group workspaces.
- Work with HR department to facilitate recruitment drives, including setting up and running a booth at local career fairs.
- Train new administrative assistant interns in office management procedures and schedule on-the-job mentoring with multiple departments.
- Maintain and improve online databases of client accounts and external vendors, including updating information when necessary.
- Created a new system for following up with potential clients in an efficient and effective manner.
- Managed front reception desk by answering phones, greeting and directing visitors, and responding to email inquiries.
- Maintained work schedule for two senior executives, including travel plans and teleconference meetings.
- Created new system for receiving and filing physical mail and fax documents that improved efficiency and eliminated delays in time-sensitive issues.
- Awarded Employee of the Month twice and received highest possible score during the annual performance review.
- Performed numerous administrative tasks as necessary, including scheduling meetings and travel, working with external vendors, interacting with visitors, and answering phone calls and emails from customers.
- Participated in on-the-job training with several different departments, including human resources, payroll, accounting, and executive support.
- Helped plan and execute annual holiday parties, including organizing vendors, researching venues, and maintaining guest lists.
- Answered incoming calls from customers to create orders, resolve issues, initiate refunds, and modify account information.
- Listened calmly to complaints and resolved issues in a professional and accommodating manner.
- Volunteered for overtime shifts to provide additional support during holidays.
Avid reader and host of a bimonthly book club. Enjoy learning to cook unique meals from a variety of international cuisines. Active in local Professional Women’s Support Group. Assistant leader for local Girl Scout troop. Volunteer at library teaching seminars on Microsoft Office for beginners.
Build Your CV
Administrative Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does an Administrative Assistant Do?
An administrative assistant is essential to an efficient and organized office. The job usually includes numerous tasks such as interacting with customers and external vendors, creating and maintaining schedules for other employees, organizing and filing important documents, and entering information into database applications. You may also provide support directly to executives, including setting up meeting spaces, making travel arrangements, and taking notes. As shown in the administrative assistant CV example, interpersonal skills are extremely important, along with organizational aptitude and proficiency with common computer programs such as Microsoft Office. Your administrative assistant CV should showcase your customer services skills and highlight the ways you make an office run smoothly and efficiently. If you have experience in a specialized area such as payroll or customer relations, make sure to include that as well.
Tips for Creating a Great Administrative Assistant CV
Utilize these tips to perfect your writing and make a great first impression with your CV:
– Write your Work History section to showcase professional achievements such as initiating positive change and receiving recognition for outstanding work. Start each bullet with a descriptive action word.
– Stick to conventional CV formatting rules, such as putting your Work History in reverse chronological order and formatting to A4 paper size. Choose a font that is easy to read and avoid writing in excessive detail.
– Make sure your Skills section aligns with the requirements listed in the job description. Be specific about your organizational and interpersonal skills as well as your proficiency with computer programs and office equipment.
– Use your Hobbies and Interests section to make your CV unique and memorable. Stay away from mentioning politics, religion, and other controversial topics.