Build Your CV
730 Joey Lane, Baltimore, MD 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P:444-444-3421
Adept medical doctor with eight solid years of practice experience. Dedicated to exemplary patient outcomes and following all necessary medical procedures with the use of the latest industry equipment and technology. Strong focus on listening to and addressing patient concerns and answering all questions in terms patients can easily understand. Willingness to work with all members of the medical team and listen to their suggestions and input to improve results and maximize patient satisfaction. Specialized as a general internist during residency, providing me with knowledge of a range of health issues that impact internal organs.
- Diagnose, treat, and prevent various physical injuries and diseases in adults and children.
- Form and build relationships with patients to make them feel at ease and gain their trust.
- Refer patients to specialists and prescribe medication or treatment options when necessary.
- Supervised medical students, fellows, and residents.
- Maintained professorship at the Richard Medical School.
- Wrote several medical articles that were published in professional journals, and conducted medical research on current internal medicine techniques.
- Increased new patient intake by 10 percent through recommendations and marketing strategy.
- Conducted physical exams of patients to diagnose illnesses and create patient histories.
- Interpreted lab information to provide patients with proper treatment.
- Attended medical conferences to learn how to better treat and connect with patients and become a more well-rounded doctor.
- Learned how to work with other members of the medical team, including nurses, other physicians, specialists, and anesthesiologists.
When I’m not practicing medicine, I enjoy flying drones, crocheting, and sewing to maintain manual dexterity. I also enjoy writing short stories when I have the time, and I offer free medical services down at the community center every weekend. I’ve recently taken up meditation, which has improved my focus at work and my personal relationships.
Build Your CV
Medical Doctor CV Must-Haves
What Does a Medical Doctor Do?
It’s a medical doctor’s job to diagnose and treat patients to help keep them at peak health. To do this, medical doctors perform physical examinations, take and make note of a patient’s medical history, recommend treatment options, prescribe medication, and perform diagnostic tests. Doctors commonly make recommendations on what patients can do at home on their own in regards to their lifestyle and eating habits to help them feel better. A medical doctor might have a specialty, such as dermatology, allergy, immunology, oncology, family medicine, or internal medicine. Depending on the patient’s condition, desires, and the medical doctor’s opinion, he or she might recommend the patient see a specialist. As you can see in the medical doctor CV example above, it’s made clear that this candidate has the skills and knowledge necessary for the job title.
Tips for Creating a Great Medical Doctor CV
Be sure to keep the following tips in the forefront of your mind as you’re creating your medical doctor CV:
– It’s your personal summary that makes hiring managers want to keep reading the rest of your CV, so be sure you craft a summary that shows you’ve got what it takes to do the job and do it well. Lead with the most essential attributes as well as your strongest skills.
– Ensure each statement in your work history section starts with an action verb, such as solved, maintained, learned, conducted, and supervised.
– Don’t forget to show metrics and tangible results in your work history to show what you’ve accomplished in the past, and display your professional capabilities.
– Don’t forget that it’s perfectly acceptable to use sentence fragments in your CV, but be sure to use correct punctuation throughout.