123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
General surgeon with eight years of experience as an attending, as well as broad medical experience prior to completing medical school. Past positions have included both emergency departments and independent clinic work. Excellent bedside manner and patient communication skills developed through more than a decade of combined schooling and teaching experience.
- -Literate with information technology and HIM, including fluency with industry-standard medical database software.
- -Command knowledge of a diverse range of surgical procedures appropriate to emergency response, trauma surgery, and thoracic surgery.
- -Analyze and synthesize the results of various imaging scans to make decisions about patient care and surgical planning.
- -Communicate clearly and effectively to residents and medical students under a variety of high-pressure situations to maintain quality patient care in a teaching environment.
- -Excellent problem sensitivity and perceptive skills developed over a decade in surgical environments.
- Lead and assist in a variety of surgical procedures to address abnormalities, injuries, birth defects, and occasionally unwanted growths from patients under a variety of circumstances.
- Communicate with patients and other medical professionals to create a treatment plan that includes preoperative preparations, surgical protocols, and postoperative care.
- Prepare reports and other forms of documentation to keep patient charts updated around the clock during pre- and post-surgical hospital stays.
- Assisted attending surgeons in a rotating schedule that provided rounded experience and guidance throughout the residency program.
- Extra rotations included additional time in neurosurgery and differential diagnostics
- Responsible for communicating treatment plans with patients and providing follow-up care.
- Provided care as a first responder in a variety of emergency medical situations.
- Prepared and submitted documentation about the care and symptoms of each patient to facilitate the handover of records at patient transfer.
- Communicated in real time with other medical professionals to ensure each patient received adequate care during and after transfer to an emergency medical facility.
I like to volunteer my time and practical services in a variety of clinical situations during my off time. I do this by holding clinic hours in a couple of nearby clinics that service the metro Detroit area, and have occasionally taken sabbaticals from the University of Michigan to participate in Doctors Without Borders.
Questions for Your Surgeon CV
Surgeon CV Must-Haves
What Does a Surgeon Do?Surgeons are doctors whose primary professional function has to do with the correction of illness, abnormality, or injury through modification of the body. They can operate in a variety of specialties but must all go through general surgical training, which includes rotations in different surgical departments. Surgeons occupy a variety of roles over the course of their careers, including training as residents and teaching as attending physicians and department heads.
Surgeons are doctors whose primary professional function has to do with the correction of illness, abnormality, or injury through modification of the body.During the course of the day, surgeons not only perform procedures, but also the diagnostic, planning, training, and surgical aftercare that is necessary to ensure patients have proper support throughout the surgery and recovery process.This includes surgical follow-ups, the presentation of surgical plans for procedures that deviate from protocol, and the use of medical imaging technology to view the abnormalities and injuries the surgery seeks to correct. Check out the surgeon CV example above for more information.