If you’re trying to get hired in the medical field, you need to know the ins and outs of the specialty you’re interested in, and you need a strong curriculum vitae. With a great CV, hiring managers can zero in on the experience and skills the position and industry requires for the work at hand. Sometimes, you may have the right skills and experience, but your CV writing process isn’t effective. You can fix your CV so it finally gets the attention it deserves by looking at this optical assistant CV example and following tips for assistance.
Build My CV
4818 Koons Drive, Los Angeles, CA 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-608-3229
Detail-oriented and knowledgeable optical assistant with 17 years of experience in an optometry office setting. Dedicated to providing excellent service and care to optometry patients. Committed to educating patients about vision issues and best practices for optimal eye health. Skilled at working in a sales or marketing role when recommending products for vision correction or other eye health issues. Compassionate and understanding, and experience working with patients from a variety of life stages.
- Partner with the optometrist to order specific lenses, frames, and other items related to the right prescription glasses for patients.
- Give patients a hands-on tutorial on how to clean, insert, and take out contact lenses for the first time.
- Demonstrate vision correction products to patients, and explain some of the different lens coatings and accessories, leading to a 37 percent sales increase last year.
- Recorded facial and eye measurements of patients before submitting an order for prescription lenses to ensure the right fit.
- Customized the fit of customers’ glasses by bending, heating, and manipulating frames so the glasses had an ideal position on the face.
- Earned a 98 percent customer service satisfaction rating based on post-visit surveys that were called in a few hours later.
- Updated patient records and insurance information before each visit to determine cost eligibility and other procedure issues.
- Fixed eyeglasses frames when brought in for repair by reassembling screws or pieces of the frame and inserting the lens again.
- Trained a team of 12 student opticians and assistants on specific daily office duties throughout the college semester.
If I’m not at work, I’m probably at the painting studio. I have been a hobby artist since I was five years old, and I’ve always been drawn to painting and watercolors. I spend lots of time creating paintings of natural scenes around the Los Angeles area, and several of my paintings are on display at City Hall in the downtown part of the city.
Build My CV
Optical Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does an Optical Assistant Do?
In the optical assistant CV example, you should see some of the typical responsibilities you may have in this job. This employee works in the optical field and helps patients find a pair of eyeglasses that fit properly and correct their vision. Optical assistants work by discussing vision issues with patients. Then, they use prescription information from the doctor to help patients choose a pair of glasses or contact lenses. They help patients try on the corrective lenses and make adjustments to the fit if necessary. Next, optical assistants measure the patient’s face before ordering their new pair of glasses or contacts. When the order arrives, the optical professional works with the patient to make sure everything is comfortable and satisfactory to the patient.
Tips for Creating a Great Optical Assistant CV
If you’ve struggled with your CV in the past, don’t get frustrated anymore. Instead, follow these helpful tips:
– Focus your CV on one individual position instead of a large number of job openings in your industry to get better results.
– Let your CV sell your top talents and knowledge to give you a better chance of receiving a job interview invitation.
– Show off any of your knowledge about the medical industry or the practice of optometry in your skills section.
– Give evidence of your ability to improve an optical office’s sales of glasses and contact lenses in your marketing and sales know-how.
– Explain your commitment to giving patients great service and listening to their concerns.