Top Energy CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Looking to jump-start your career in the energy sector? Make a CV to highlight your technical skills, like HVAC expertise and project management, as well as the interpersonal skills like attention to detail and teamwork.
Let us help you make the perfect energy CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Need inspiration to start? We have CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples for all industries and levels.
Our customer reviews say it best
Energy CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for energy jobs?
- Energy auditing
- Project management
- System design
- Testing and QA protocols
- CAD software
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving
- Site survey
- Excellent written and verbal communication
2. What's the ideal format for an energy CV?
An energy CV format is open, unlike the functional, combination and chronological resume formats. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications vary according to role. For example, operators need a high school diploma and on-the-job training, and engineers need to complete a bachelor’s and acquire their state license.
Add power to your skills with a certification. It’ll help you focus your expertise and stand out from other candidates. For example:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
- Energy Management Professional (EMP) Certification
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional® – CMVP®
- Certified Industrial Energy Professional – CIEP
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for an energy professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, these are salaries in energy related occupations:
- Industrial engineers: $95,300 per year
- Power plant operators, distributors and dispatchers: $94,790 per year
- Nuclear engineers: $120,380 per year
- Line installers and repairers: $74,530 per year
- Environmental engineers: $96,820
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Architecture and Engineering Occupations
- Association of Energy Engineers Certified Energy Auditor – CEA
- Energy Management Association Energy Management Professional (EMP) Certification
- Association of Energy Engineers Certified Measurement & Verification Professional® – CMVP®
- Association of Energy Engineers Certified Industrial Energy Professional- CIEP
- NES Fircroft The Skills That Will Define the Future of Engineering in the Energy Sector
- Energy Digital Top 10: Energy Certifications