Top Dance CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
A professional dance CV must showcase your background and creativity. To create a CV that stands out in such a competitive field, detail your experience and highlight your skills and training.
Write a CV to highlight your creativity and choreography mastery. We’re here to help you build the perfect dance CV or resume and create a matching cover letter to connect with hiring managers. Plus, we offer some great CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Our customer reviews say it best
Dance CV FAQ
1. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Every employer will set its own specific qualifications and requirements. Techniques, like the Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) and Modern Dance play an important role in qualifications, regardless of the position. Dancing also requires long-term training. Ensure you include a thorough work history will highlight your qualifications. Also include certifications like the Certificate in Dance Education (CiDE) and International Certification of Dance Studies to showcase your preparation.
2. What are some common skills required for dancing jobs?
- Physical stamina
- Body alignment
- Modern Dance
- Character acting
- Attention to detail
- Time management
3. What is the salary potential for a professional dancer?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) provides a median hourly wage of $18.78. Salary will vary according to the employer. If you’re interested in other related careers, the BLS stipulates the following examples:
- Art directors: $100,890 per year
- Postsecondary teachers: $79,640 per year
- Music directors and composers: $49,130 per year
- Producers and directors: $79,000 per year
4. What does the career progression for a professional dancer look like?
Careers in dancing will continue to grow during this decade. According to the BLS, the projected employment growth for dancers is 27%, which is much faster than the national employment growth average of 5.3%.
5. What’s the ideal resume format for a dacing job resume?
The ideal resume formats will highlight your strengths and value as a candidate. Choose one according to your years of experience and career goals.
- Functional format: The choice for entry-level candidates. Its layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything that you can do.
- Combination format: Ideal for those with a few years under the belt, this format balances skills and work experience.
- Chronological format: Perfect for candidates with a decade or more of experience. This format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/blog/2023/projecting-employment-during-pandemic-recovery.htm