Top Civil Engineering Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Civil engineers design, build and supervise the development of infrastructure, like airports, dams, bridges and more. A career in this industry uses varied skills, like organizational skills, design abilities and regulation knowledge.
Time to tackle your most important project, building a CV to advance your career. Let us help you create the perfect civil engineer CV and create an effective cover letter to wow hiring managers. With great CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples, you can get started right away.
CV examples for top civil engineering jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Civil engineering CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for civil engineering jobs?
- Project management
- CAD software
- Technical reports
- Analytical thinking
- On-Site construction observation
- Project billing
- Quantity surveying
- Evaluation of building sites and materials
- Supervision of construction projects
- Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Drawing skills
- Leadership qualities
- Experience with Civil 3D
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
The minimum requirements to work as a civil engineer are a bachelor’s degree and to have a state license. For senior positions, you could be required to obtain a graduate degree. You can also pursue certifications to include in your CV.
- Certificate in Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
- Professional Engineer Certificate (PEC)
- ASCE Construction Engineering Certificate Program (CEC)
- Certified Planning Engineer (CPE)
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (BCP)
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification
- Geo-Professional Board Certification
- Value Methodology Associate Certification
3. What is the salary potential for a professional civil engineer?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the 2021 median page for a civil engineer is $88,050. These are salaries for other related roles:
- Civil engineering technologist: $58,230 per year
- Surveyors: $61,600 per year
- Urban and Regional planners: $78,500 per year
- Environmental engineers: $96,820 per year
4. What does the career progression for a professional civil engineer look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has a projected growth of 7% for this industry, which is the average nationwide for all occupations. If you seek employment in a related field, environmental engineers and urban and regional planners have both a projected growth of 4%. Meanwhile, surveyors and civil engineering technologists have no projected growth and no projected decrease.
5. What’s the ideal CV format for a civil engineering job resume?
CVs have an open format. Unlike the resume formats, functional, combination and chronological, which follow a particular order according to your years of experience, you can choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.