Top Accounting CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Accounting roles keep records, analyze information and report with a variety of departments and roles. Numbers are your expertise. Yet you are also a great communicator with impeccable time management skills and are always open to learning more about the changes in the accounting field. Complete the first step to getting your next opportunity and write a CV.
We’ll help you build the perfect accounting CV and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
CV examples for top accounting jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Accounting CV FAQ
What’s the ideal resume format for an accounting job resume?
There are three standard resume formats. The one you choose should depend on your level of work experience and career goals.
- Functional format: Entry-level applicants will benefit from this format. The layout focuses on skills, allowing you to showcase everything you can do.
- Combination format: This format puts the skills and work experience on equal footing. It’s a great option if you have a few years of experience as an accountant.
- Chronological format: Ideal for seasoned accountants with many years of experience, this format showcases expertise through a detailed work history section.
What are some common skills required for accounting jobs?
Hiring managers for accounting jobs look for applicants who have a mix of soft and hard skills, specifically:
- Problem-solving skills
- Corporate finance
- Analytical thinking
- Time management
- Reports and documentation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Accounting software: Quickbooks, Hyperion,
- Anti-money laundering (AML)
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Data analysis
- Data entry
- Attention to detail
What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Employers look for a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Accountants may choose to obtain licenses, more training and advanced degrees, like a Master’s or MBA, in order to advance in their careers.
For most accounting jobs, you must have a bachelor’s degree in the type of discipline you want to focus on.
What is the salary potential for an accountant?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for an accountant in the United States in 2021 was $77,250. However, the compensation will vary depending on the employer, industry and specific job title. These are other examples of similar positions:
- Budget analysts: $79,940 per year
- Financial managers: $131,710 per year
- Personal Financial Advisors: $94,170 per year
- Bookkeeping: $45,560 per year
What does the career progression for an accountant look like?
The career progression depends on the industry and your specialization. Despite a 5% decrease in growth, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects 197,600 openings from 2021 to 2031.