Top Copywriting CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
A career in copywriting combines creative writing, research analysis and collaboration to bring brand awareness, sell products and provide copy in promotional materials. This career of persuasion relies on skills like SEO, attention to detail and content marketing knowledge.
Time to write a CV to bring your best product to the spotlight: yourself! We’ll help you build the perfect copywriting CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
CV examples for top copywriting jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Copywriting CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for copywriting jobs?
- SEO knowledge
- Content marketing
- Time management
- Analytical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cultural competence
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Copy editing
- Project management
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
In this industry, employers look for someone with at least a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or communications.
3. What is the salary potential for a copywriting professional?
A copywriter’s salary depends on the specific job title and location. The median pay, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, is $69,510. The average salaries of similar occupations in the United States are as follows:
- Editors: $63,350 per year
- Reporters: $48,370 per year
- Technical writer: $78,060 per year
4. What does the career progression for a professional copywriter look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects 4% employment growth for this industry, which is on par with the national average for all occupations. According to BLS, from 2021 to 2031, there will be 15,200 yearly openings. Consider how to best highlight your skills and experience to stand out in this competitive field.
5. What’s the ideal copywriting CV format?
CVs have an open format. Unlike the resume formats, functional, combination and chronological, which follow a particular order according to your years of experience, you can choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.