Top Military CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
A military career provides the tools and experiences to enhance your career. Prepare to continue in the field or start a civilian profession with a professional CV. Make a CV to showcase your military career, your technical abilities and interpersonal skills.
We can help you make the perfect military CV, resume or federal resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get started.
Our customer reviews say it best
Military CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for a military candidate?
- Physical stamina
- Risk assessment
- Crisis management
- Data analytics
- Creative problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Foreign language & level of proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication
2. What's the ideal format for a military CV?
A military CV format is open. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Military members will have access to programs designed to help develop a career. Active military members can use the ASVAB, Army COOL or through the American Military University. Veterans will have access to programs designed to help them start a civilian career, like the DOD’s Civilian Careers, SkillBridge, Office of Personnel Management’s Feds Hire Vets, and the Department of Labor’s Veterans Employment Services, among others.
These are few example of certifications:
- FedVTE Federal Virtual Training Environment
- NPower Tech Fundamentals
- Merivis Cohort
- Cisco’s Veteran Program
- American Culinary Federation U.S. Military Certification Program
Whichever certification you choose, remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiry date.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Field of degree: Military
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Military Careers
- U.S. Department of Defense Military Compensation
- U.S. Army See the Army Pay Scales
- U.S. Army Certifications & Credentials
- U.S. Department of Defense DOD Civilian Careers
- Military.com 2024 Military Pay Charts
- Salute My Job 4 Sought-after Qualities That Make Veterans Outstanding Job Candidates
- American Red Cross Military Training Network Converts to Red Cross Programs
- Veteran Life 14 Certifications for Jobs To Help You Find a Career After Military Service
- Career One Stop Earn a Certification
- ASVAB Careers in the Military
- Army COOL COOL (Credentialing Opportunities On-Line)
- Military OneSource Identifying Your Transferable Skills
- U.S. Department of Defense Service Members Find Civilian Career Opportunities Through SkillBridge
- Business Insider Military pay: This is how much US troops are paid according to their rank
- ACF Chefs U.S. Military Certification Program