Top Information Technology CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Your career is more than “Have you tried turning it off and on?” Your technical expertise helps the safety of corporations, maintains business running seamlessly and keeps information flowing.
Now, you must make a CV to highlight your programming language skills, cloud computing expertise and security certifications as well as the interpersonal skills, like collaboration and creative problem-solving that set you apart.
We can help you make the perfect information technology CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get started.
CV examples for top information technology jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Information technology CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for information technology jobs?
- Programming languages
- Cloud security
- Cloud computing
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Data analytics
- Full Stack web development
- IP setup
- Project management
- Database management
- Software Quality Assurance (QA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
2. What's the ideal format for an information technology CV?
An information technology CV format is open, unlike the traditional resume formats: functional, combination and chronological. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
The minimum required education for information technology is a bachelor’s degree. For computer and information research scientists, a master’s degree will be necessary. Employers can also accept education from boot camps and other educational institutions. Verify directly with the employer to confirm.
Certifications are often required and desired by employers. Choose one (or a few!) to help you get to the next level of your career. For example:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals Certification
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control® (CRISC®)
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for an information technology professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for the information technology occupation group is $97,430.
These are salaries in related occupations:
- Computer and information research scientists: $131,490 per year
- Computer programmer: $93,000 per year
- Computer support specialists: $57,910 per year
- Web developers: $78,300 per year
5. What does the career progression for information technology look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 15% growth for the IT field in this decade. This translates to 418,500 annual job openings and 682,800 additional jobs over the decade. In comparison, BLS projects 5% nationwide occupation growth.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Computer and Information Technology Occupations
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Computer Programmers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Computer Support Specialists
- Cisco Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA CompTIA Security+
- Forbes The Best Coding Bootcamps of 2024
- ComputerScience.org Best Coding Bootcamps for 2024
- Microsoft Certifications Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals
- ISACA Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®)
- ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control® (CRISC®)