Top Web Development CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
In a rapidly growing field like web development, you need a professional CV to highlight your programming languages, full stack abilities and graphic design eyes. Time to make a CV to highlight your technical skills as well as your interpersonal skills, like active listening, relationship building and collaboration.
We can help you make the perfect web development CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get started.
CV examples for top web development jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Web development CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for web development jobs?
- Programming languages
- Mobile design
- Testing & debugging
- Content management systems (CMS)
- Basic Server Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. What's the ideal format for a web development CV?
A web development CV format is open. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Employers look for candidates with a bachelor’s degree and commitment to continue learning. Pay attention to the job description, as some employers could ask for certifications and on-the-job training in lieu of a degree.
Whether you have the educational credentials or not, certifications are highly regarded and recommended in this field. A few certifications to consider are:
- Web Developer Certificate
- Certified Software Development Professional(CSDP)
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
- IBM Full-Stack Software Developer Professional Certificate
- ReactJS Certificate
- Master Certified Web Professional Designer (CWP)
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for a web development professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for web development is $78,300.
These are salaries in related occupations:
- Computer and information systems managers: $159,010 per year
- Computer programmers: $93,000 per year
- Information security analysts: $102,600 per year
- Software developers: $109,020 per year
5. What does the career progression for web development professional look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 23% growth for this occupation during this decade, with 21,800 annual job openings and an additional 45,400 new jobs over the decade. In comparison, BLS projects 5% growth nationwide for all occupations.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Web Developers and Digital Designers
- Go1 The 8 most common skills for a web developer
- Code Brainer Web Developer Skills
- Syntactics Full Stack Developer Skills Checklist
- Forbes Web Developer Certifications And Certificates: Which Should You Choose?