Top Janitorial CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Beyond maintaining a beautiful facade, janitorial services ensure a clean, sanitized and safe space, whether at a business, office space, hospital or beyond. Make a CV to highlight your cleanliness standards, organic cleaners knowledge and hazardous material handling as well as the interpersonal skills that set you apart, like proactivity, patience and discretion.
We can help you make the perfect janitorial CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get started.
CV examples for top janitorial jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Janitorial CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for janitorial jobs?
- Proper use and storage of chemical cleaners
- Sanitation techniques
- Physical stamina
- Relationship building
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Foreign languages & level of proficiency
- Time management
- Heavy-duty equipment
- Preventative maintenance
2. What's the ideal format for an janitorial CV?
A janitorial CV format is open, unlike the traditional resume formats: functional, combination and chronological. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
There are no formal education requirements for the janitorial field. Pay close attention to the job description as some employers could require a high school diploma o equivalent.
To stand out from the applicant pool or to advance your career, consider a certification. For example:
- Bloodborne Certification (BPC)
- Carpet Cleaning Certification
- Chemical Hazards Certification (CHC)
- Commercial Cleaning Certification
- ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS)
- ISSA CMI’s Certified Custodial Supervisor
- IJCSA Master Level Certification
- Medical Cleaning Certification (MCC)
- Simoniz’s Janitorial Floor Care Certification
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for a janitorial professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for the janitorial occupation group is $30,240.
These are salaries in related occupations:
- Grounds maintenance: $35,460 per year
- Pest control workers: $37,540 per year
5. What does the career progression for janitorial professionals look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 5% growth for the building and grounds cleaning occupations. This translates to 779,400 annual job openings and 290,800 additional jobs over the decade. This growth is similar to the BLS nationwide occupation 5% growth projection.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Janitorial
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Building and Grounds Cleaning Occupations
- Janitorial Leads Pro Nine Janitorial Training & Certifications That You Must Possess
- ISSA’s Cleaning Management Institute Certified Professional Trainer
- ISSA’s Cleaning Management Institute Certified Custodial Supervisor
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association Master Certified (IMC) Certification
- Simoniz Janitorial Floor Care Certification
- Janitorial Store Certification Certified in Commercial Cleaning