Top Human Resources CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Human resources handles the most important assets businesses have: its people! As an expert in the field, you understand the importance of a professional, customized job application.
It’s time to make a CV to showcase your skills in HRIS expertise, strategic organization and people analytics as well as interpersonal skills, like cultural competency, conflict resolution and negotiation.
We can help you make the perfect human resources CV or resume and create an effective cover letter to match it. Find inspiration in our CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get started.
CV examples for top human resources jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Human resources CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for human resources jobs?
- Employee relations
- Cultural competence
- Foreign languages and level of proficiency
- Relationship building
- Knowledge of HR management software
- Conflict resolution
- Creation and execution of HR strategy
- Performance management
- Digital literacy
- Understanding of corporate law
2. What's the ideal format for a human resources CV?
A human resources CV format is open, unlike the functional, combination and chronological resume formats. Choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, and pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
3. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
The minimum required education for human resources is a bachelor’s degree. For human resources managers, a master’s degree could be required, though employers often accept a bachelor’s degree and several years of experience.
Certifications can add power to your skills and CV as well as prepare you for the field. For example:
- SHRM Certified Professional
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources
- Global Professional in Human Resources
Remember to include the issuing institution and, if applicable, the expiration date.
4. What is the salary potential for a human resources professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for human resources specialists is $62,290 and for human resources managers, $126,230.
These are salaries in related occupations:
- Administrative services and facilities managers: $99,290
- Compensation and benefits manager: $127,530
- Labor relations specialists: $77,010 per year
- Training and development specialists: $61,570 per year
5. What does the career progression for human resources look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 8% growth for the HR field in this decade. This translates to 81,900 annual job openings and 58,800 additional jobs over the decade for human resources specialists. For human resources managers, there is a projection for 16,300 yearly job openings and an additional 12,600 jobs over the next decade.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Management Occupations
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Human Resources Managers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Human Resources Specialists
- Society of Human Resources Management SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Society of Human Resources Management SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- HR Certification Institute Senior Professional in Human Resources
- HR Certification Institute Global Professional in Human Resources
- Academy to Innovate HR 18 HR Skills Every HR Professional Needs [2024 Guide]
- Academy to Innovate HR 13 Future HR Skills You Need to Start Building Now
- The SHRM Blog The 7 Skills That HR Professionals Should Be Developing Right Now
- Forbes Best HR Management Software 2024
- Empuls The Evolution of Human Resources: 11 Essential HR Skills for Success