Top Nursing CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
You help ease patients’ concerns, keep track of complicated medical histories, and provide physical and emotional care when a person is most vulnerable. It’s time to write a CV to highlight your medical knowledge, attention to detail and emergency care skills, among others needed nursing abilities.
CV examples for top nursing jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Nursing CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for nursing jobs?
- Nursing expertise
- Critical assessment
- Medical terminology
- Patient care
- Collaboration with health care providers
- Health care software
- Foreign language and proficiency level
- Cultural competence
- Patient education
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications vary according to the nursing role you choose. It ranges from associate degree to become an RN to doctorate for positions in research and health policy. In addition to your degree, you’ll need a license from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) and a state license according to your state’s Nursing Practice Act.
If you choose a specific nursing field, you’ll need a certification. For example, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-BC), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) and Oncology Certified Nurse, among others.
3. What is the salary potential for a nursing professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median pay in nursing is $77,600. These are average salaries for related occupations:
- Home health and personal care aides: $29,430 per year
- Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses: $48,070 per year
- Nursing assistants and orderlies: $30,290
4. What does the career progression for a nursing professional look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects growth in the different nursing occupations:
- Nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives and nurse practitioners: 40% projected growth with 30,200 yearly job openings.
- Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses: 5% project growth with 58,800 yearly job openings.
- Nursing assistants and orderlies: 5% projected growth with 220,200 yearly job openings.
5. What’s the ideal CV format for a nursing professional?
CVs have an open format. Unlike the resume formats, functional, combination and chronological, which follow a particular order according to your years of experience, you can choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics