Top Event Planning CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Event planning can create whimsical experiences, bring brand awareness, build connections, networking and more. Combining your creativity, budgeting skills and logistical knowledge, event planning is a fast-growing, competitive career.
Write a CV to highlight everything you bring to the table. We can help you: build the perfect CV or resume, and create an effective cover letter to match! Plus, we offer great CV examples, resume examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Our customer reviews say it best
Event planning CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for event planning jobs?
- Customer service
- Vendor management
- Collaborative approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Event management software
- Creative problem-solving
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications and certifications vary according to position and employer. Pay close attention to the job description. While not a requirement, certifications will help you stand out and A Cvent Hybrid Events Certification will showcase your knowledge and adaptability to a changing world, while the Professional Certificate in Event Management will highlight your commitment to the craft. If you want to create events at a global level, the globally recognized Certified Meeting Professional is the certification to pursue.
3. What is the salary potential for a professional event planner?
An event planner’s salary will vary according to employers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual pay for an event planner in 2021 was $49,470 per year. If you’re interested in similar roles, here are other salaries according to BLS:
- Facility managers: $99,290 per year
- Floral designers: $29,880 per year
- Food service manager: $59,440 per year
- Fundraisers: $60,660 per year
4. What does the career progression for a professional in event planning look like?
Event planning is growing at a fast rate. It’s a great time to look into an event planning career! The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 18% growth in this decade, compared to the national employment growth rate of 8% by 2031.
5. What’s the ideal format for an event planning CV?
CVs have an open format. Unlike the resume formats, functional, combination and chronological, which follow a particular order according to your years of experience, you can choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.