Top Medical CV Examples
- 30% higher chance of getting a job
- 42% higher response rate from recruiters
Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Patient care, medical coding and pharmaceutical knowledge are among skills needed in the vast medical field. If you want to advance your career, take the time to write a CV to highlight your qualifications as a medical professional.
CV examples for top medical jobs
Our customer reviews say it best
Medical CV FAQ
1. What are some common skills required for medical jobs?
- Research experience
- Knowledge of federal and local regulations
- EMR systems
- Clinical redesign and physician practice management
- Positive approach
- Patient care
- Excellent communication
- Cultural competence
- Foreign languages and level of proficiency
- HIPAA compliance
2. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
Qualifications in the medical industry vary. For example, personal care aides need a high school diploma while nurse practitioners need a master’s degree.
Don’t forget to include in your CV your state board certification, if applicable.
In addition to a degree, certifications can be required or recommended. Find a certification for your role, like Certified EKG Technician (CET), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Surgical Technologist. Carefully review the job description and research your role for the right qualifications.
3. What is the salary potential for a medical professional?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median pay in medical is $75,040. These are average salaries for similar occupations:
- Diagnostic medical sonographers and cardiovascular technologists and technicians:$75,380 per year
- EMTs and paramedics: $36,930 per year
- Health information technologists and medical registrars: $55,560 per year
- Physician assistants: $121,530 per year
4. What does the career progression for a medical professional look like?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 13% growth during this decade, which is faster than the 5% all-occupations average. According to BLS, this growth translates into 1.9 million medical job openings each year in this decade.
5. What's the ideal CV format for a medical professional?
CVs have an open format. Unlike the resume formats, which follow a particular order according to your years of experience, you can choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.
How we reviewed this article
Since 2013, we have helped more than 15 million job seekers. We want to make your career journey accessible and manageable through our services and Career Center’s how-to guides and tips. In our commitment to bring you a transparent process, we present our Editorial Process.
Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm