Our customers have been hired at:*Foot Note
Administrative personnel keep the workplace running with their organizational skills and interpersonal skills. This field allows you to work in a diverse range of positions in varied industries, such as employer support, clerical work, customer service, office management and more.
If you’re looking to start or advance your administrative career, start by writing a CV. We’ll help you build the perfect CV and create an effective cover letter to accompany it. Plus, we offer some great resume examples, CV examples and cover letter examples to get you started.
Table of Contents
CV examples for top administrative jobs
More administrative CVs by job title
Resume examples for top administrative jobs
- Personal Assistant Resume
- Administrative Assistant Manager Resume
- Receptionist Resume
- Data Entry Clerk Resume
- Executive Assistant Resume
- Store Assistant Resume
- Administrative Coordinator Resume
- Office Assistant Resume
- Assistant Front Office Manager Resume
- Bilingual Receptionist Resume
- Administrative Front Desk Clerk Resume
- Medical Billing And Coding Specialist Resume
- Medical Receptionist Resume
- Secretary Resume
- City Clerk Resume
- Non Profit Administrative Assistant Resume
- Gym Receptionist Resume
- Administrative Officer Resume
- Accounts Administrator Resume
- Front Office Assistant Resume
- Administrative Assistant Resume
- Procurement Specialist Resume
- Medical Office Assistant Resume
- Procurement Analyst Resume
- Auto Title Clerk Resume
- Document Specialist Resume
- Excel Professional Resume
- Document Controller Resume
- Medical Billing Professional Resume
- Facilities Manager Resume
- Office Manager Resume
Cover letter examples for top administrative jobs
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
- Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
- Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter
- Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter
- Executive Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Administrator Cover Letter
- Office Assistant Cover Letter
- Office Clerk Cover Letter
- Office Manager Cover Letter
- Personal Assistant Cover Letter
- Practice Manager Cover Letter
- President Cover Letter
- Receptionist Cover Letter
- Store Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Our customer reviews say it best
Our resume builder makes it easy to craft an impressive, ATS-friendly resume in just minutes.
- Free professionally designed templates.
- Expert suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Start a resume from scratch or edit your existing resume.
Administrative CV FAQ
1. What qualifications and certifications do employers look for in this industry?
You can start an administrative role with a high school diploma, yet a few roles will require an associate’s degree. As you prepare your job application, pay close attention to the requirements of each employer. You can pursue administrative certifications like, Professional Administrative Certification of Excellence (PACE), Certified Administrative Assistant (CAA) and Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or others particular to your industry.
2. What are some common skills required for administrative jobs?
Hiring managers for administrative roles look for applicants who have a mix of soft and hard skills, specifically:
- Microsoft Office
- Office management
- Project management
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Attention to detail
- Bill handling
- Time management
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Personnel management
- Team recruiting
- Event planning
- Financial services support
3. What is the salary potential for an administrative role?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median for an administrative role in the United States in 2021 was $37,700. However, the salary will vary depending on the employer, industry and specific job title. These are other examples of similar positions:
- Administrative Assistant: $39,680 per year
- General Office Clerk: $37,030
- Facilities Manager: $99,290
4. What’s the ideal CV format for an accounting job resume?
CVs have an open format. Unlike the resume formats, functional, combination and chronological, which follow a particular order according to your years of experience, you can choose the CV order according to your strongest qualifications, industry or job requirements. Find a polished, professional CV template, pay close attention to your grammar, action verbs and keywords to create your perfect CV.