Hiring managers spend an average of six seconds looking at each resume before making a decision. With that in mind, how compelling is your resume? Is all the relevant information well-organized and easy to read? Does it showcase your most marketable, relevant talents and accomplishments? If you answer "no" to any of these questions, then we have a solution: resume samples.
Study our resume samples and use them as inspiration for revamping your existing resume. Or, start from scratch and create a brand new document. Our perfect resume samples show you how to structure your resume and how to phrase the content. You’ll see how to catch the eye of recruiters and hiring managers. Use our resume samples today and make the most of those six seconds!
Best Resume Samples for Jobseekers
Whether you’re new to the workforce or a seasoned professional, it’s critical to have a resume tailored to your industry. The success of your job search depends on this. Our resume samples are appropriate for people in all stages of their careers. This includes students, professionals, and those who need a simple resume sample that’s suitable for a variety of fields.
Take a look at our resume tips and samples to get started!
Get Started With a Winning Resume Sample
- Customer Service
- Sales Person
- Executive Assistant
- Data Entry Clerk
Use our customer service resume sample to cast your work experience in a positive light. Our sample demonstrates the right way to present your most relevant experience. You will also see how to make your applicable skills obvious.
The clean appearance of our server resume sample puts your experience in the spotlight and includes a bulleted highlights section that puts both hard and soft skills front-and-center.
This resume’s snappy summary shows off this salesperson’s skills. If you follow that with a well-organized work experience section, then a hiring manager will instantly know if you are right for the role.
Our executive assistant resume sample creates a one-two punch for recruiters. The summary outlines the candidate’s experience. The bulleted highlights section serves as a rapid-fire list of the applicant’s skill set.
Our receptionist resume sample details the growth of the applicant’s career. In the experience section, job descriptions show the progression of her duties. The highlights section provides a list of relevant skills.
Data Entry Clerk
When you have more than 10 years of professional experience, your resume must showcase your professional growth. Our data entry resume sample does just that with a strong summary statement and a detailed experience section.
See What People Are Saying About Us!
Why Use Our Resume Samples
- Make the top topsThink of the top two sections of your resume as a billboard that displays your most marketable hard and soft skills. Include a summary statement, written in the third person, that serves as your elevator pitch. Your skills section should be in bullet format to lay out your talents at a glance. MyPerfectResume’s resume builders help you capture your experience succinctly to catch the eye of hiring managers. Our builder helps users create a personalized resume in easy-to-follow steps, allowing you promote their unique skills, experience, and qualifications to win the job.
- Keep it conciseAn overly long resume won’t make you look more qualified. Instead, it may just overwhelm a busy hiring manager and knock you out of the running. Shoot for a one-page resume – two pages if you’ve been in the workforce for a long time.A good guideline to follow is to use one page per 10 years of professional experience.
- How do you write a great introductory sentence to a cover letter?There are two main ways to organize a resume: functional and chronological. This resume is organized in reverse chronology to highlight the jobseeker’s solid work history. Our resume builder allows every user to organize their resume in the format best suited to their personalized needs. Choose the customized resume design that works best for your field and work experience. This will help you showcase the most appealing parts of your resume.
- Optimize for ATSs To get your resume past an applicant tracking system (ATS) and into the hands of a recruiter, you must pack your resume with high-quality keywords. Study the job post for keywords and phrases used in the job ad and write your resume to reflect them. Most ATS’s aren’t capable of nuance, so word your resume exactly the same way the job ad is worded.For example, if a job ad called for an individual who is, “organized and able to handle many tasks at one time,” writing that you are “organized and able to juggle multiple tasks” might not get your resume past an ATS even though they mean the same thing. Echo the language of the job ad as closely as possible for the best outcome.
- Bullet points are your friendUtilizing bullet points in your experience section accomplishes two things. First, it allows you to pack in all of work history in a smaller amount of space. Second, it allows recruiters to scan your resume quickly to decide if you fit the bill. Stick to five to seven bullet points per role to prevent your resume from getting too long.
- Legitimize your accomplishmentsIn the resume above, the jobseeker wisely chose to exhibit her accomplishments through the use of data. Whether you share the number of tables you waited on at once or the amount of money that you earned for the company, include numbers. Aim for one figure that calls attention to one positive contribution per role on your resume.
- Make your resume action-packedYou kick butt at work, right? Don’t be a wallflower on your resume. Using phrases like “was responsible for” might get the point across, but you run the risk of boring a hiring manager who reads dozens of resumes a day. Pack a punch by using more colorful action words. Try “orchestrated,” “pioneered,” “overhauled,” or “generated” to describe your duties and your accomplishments.
- No errors here!Not only does our resume builder help you create a custom resume, but it also checks for spelling and grammatical errors. This ensures that your document is ready to submit to recruiters and hiring managers.Want to create a resume that’s as great as the example above? MyPerfectResume has the tools you need to make your resume shine. Peruse hundreds of resume samples in our database for inspiration, or get quick step-by-step help with our resume builder. Whether you are just starting out, are a seasoned professional, or are looking to make a major career change, MyPerfectResume has the resume tools you need to get ahead.
Table of Contents